Job ID: 325729
RN - Pre-Op and PACU
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
RN Pre-Op and PACU: St Vincent's One-Nineteen Hoover, AL
- Full Time Mon-Fri No weekends / No Holiday / No Call
Why Join Ascension:
St. Vincent’s 119 Facility - Surgical Services
St. Vincent's One Nineteen Health and Wellness located in Hoover, AL is an integrated approach to wellness offering a unique blend of medical, fitness, day spa, and diagnostic services for healthy living. At St. Vincent’s One Nineteen, we have been caring for the medical needs of our patients for more than 10 years on our campus. As a part of St. Vincent’s Health System, we have a longstanding reputation for providing high quality, high touch medical care in the convenience of your own community. We offer a wide range of medical services on our campus, including: outpatient surgery, diagnostic imaging, physical therapy and executive health. Our executive physicals feature some of the most comprehensive diagnostic testing available anywhere.
The Surgery Center is located on the St. Vincent's One Nineteen campus to offer a one-of-a-kind, fully integrated health facility with convenient access to St. Vincent's One Nineteen's existing services, including physician specialists, diagnostics, physical therapy, GI service and lab services.
Equipped with the latest technology, we provide a wide range of same-day procedures, which could include general surgery, ophthalmology, orthopedics, podiatry, plastic surgery, pain management, ENT, and gynecology
What you will do:
As an Associate with St. Vincent's Health System-AL, you will have the opportunity to deliver professional nursing care in the operative setting to patients undergoing surgical or other invasive procedures.
- Implements and monitors patient care plans. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
What you will need:
- Required Credential(s):
- Licensed Associate Professional Registered Nurse credentialed from the Alabama Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date.
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required
Preferred Experience / Credentials:
- Active PALS, BLS and ACLS
- 1-3 years’ experience Pre-op and PACU
- 1-3 years’ experience in a surgical setting
- 1-3 years’ experience in PACU or ER or ICU
As an equal opportunity employer, St. Vincent's and all its ministries comply with all applicable employment laws and regulations. In order to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at St. Vincent's and all its ministries based on merit, qualifications and abilities.
Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, age or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. Vincent's participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)