Job ID: 326271
Surgical Tech - Ascension Elmbrook
Regular / Rotating
We Are Hiring
Title: Surgical Tech
City, State: Brookfield, WI
Location: Elmbrook Hospital
Additional Job Details: PRN / Rotating based on volumes and availability.
Why Join Ascension?
How will Ascension benefit you?
- Strength in our People: At Ascension, we believe our people are our strength and we invest in them. In addition to the chance to have a positive impact on the people and communities we serve, associates benefit from significant professional opportunities, career advancement, training and competitive wages. We also support work-life balance and spirituality in the workplace.
- Compensation/Benefits: At Ascension, we care for the people who are the foundation of our work to fulfill our mission: our associates. We offer a comprehensive benefit package inclusive of medical, dental, vision, retirement, and generous PTO. Associates can also take advantage of other great benefits like tuition reimbursement or adoption assistance.
- Leadership Development: We know that the development of our associates is key to our mission of providing the best care possible to those we serve. We have various in-depth leadership programs to meet you where you are on your career journey.
- Culture of Teamwork: We encourage diversity of talent and thought; while offering the support of a multidisciplinary team. We work to build teams that respect each other. A team that respects each other feels good. We are on a mission to help people feel good, patients and associates.
About Us: Ascension - Elmbrook Memorial Campus, founded in 1969, is a full-service, acute care hospital conveniently located on a picturesque hillside in Brookfield, Wisconsin. One of the top hospitals in Waukesha County, Elmbrook Memorial Campus is a national award-winning leader in patient satisfaction, clinical excellence and quality care.
In Wisconsin, Ascension operates 24 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ more than 23,500 associates. Across the state, Ascension provided more than $230 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in fiscal year 2016. Serving Wisconsin for 169 years, Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. Ascension is the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world’s largest Catholic health system, operating 2,500 sites of care – including 141 hospitals and more than 30 senior living facilities – in 24 states and the District of Columbia. Visit www.ascension.org/wisconsin. We’re looking for talented associates to join us as we continue advancing healthcare across Wisconsin.
What You Will Do
- Prepares surgical operating suite with sterile and non-sterile instruments and supplies.
- Hands required and requested instruments and supplies to surgeon during surgery.
- Assists with preparing, transporting, positioning and draping patients.
- Maintains instruments in an organized manner and monitors and tracks instruments counts throughout procedures.
- Assists surgeons provision of hemostasis during surgery.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 2 Months (60 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required
- 1+ years of experience in an operating room or surgery center; BLS required; completion of accredited ST program
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Wisconsin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against employees or prospective employees on basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, disability, arrest and/or conviction record, military status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by law.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement