Job ID: 326840
Registered Nurse RN - Labor & Delivery
Regular / Rotating
We Are Hiring
Staff Nurse Labor & Delivery - LDRPN Unit 001 - Full-Time, Rotating - St Vincent's Medical Center - Bridgeport, CT
Why Join Ascension?
St. Vincent’s Health Services, part of Ascension, operates St. Vincent’s Medical Center in Bridgeport and a number of other sites of care. Founded by the Daughters of Charity in 1903, St. Vincent’s is a mission-driven organization committed to exceptional healthcare for all with special consideration for the poor and underserved.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with St. Vincent's Health Services-, you will have the opportunity toProvides direct patient care to labor and delivery patients in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Prioritizes the nursing assessment and intervention by determining the patient's immediate condition or needs. Implements and monitors patient care plans.
- Monitors and records vital signs and indicia of labor for mother and child during labor and delivery. Communicates condition as appropriate.
- Notes and carries out physician orders, including administration of medications/interventions as prescribed, and evaluates progress.
- Assesses learning needs of patient and family and provides education based on age, culture and willingness to learn.
- Other Duties as assigned
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to assess patients and to identify physical, psychosocial, cultural, spiritual and age-related needs in order to provide individualized care to the patient.
- Delegates aspects of care to other nursing personnel consistent with their level of education and expertise in order to meet patients' needs and to maximize staff performance.
- Participates in daily interdisciplinary patient rounds. Demonstrates knowledge of patients' condition and is able to provide appropriate input to meet desired outcomes for the appropriate patient population.
- Reflects ANA Scope and Standards of Nursing Practice (2015), ANA Code of Ethics (2015), and ANA Social Policy Statement (2015).
- Develops, implements and revises individualized plans of care.
- Participates in activities for professional growth and development outside of patient care.
What You Will NeedLicenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Connecticut Department of Public Health obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 2 Months (60 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Red Cross obtained within 2 Months (60 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Certified BLS Provider specializing in Neonatal Resuscitation credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 6 Months (180 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Certified BLS Provider specializing in Neonatal Resuscitation credentialed from the American Red Cross obtained within 6 Months (180 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Associate Degree
- Associate Degree in Nursing Required, BSN preferred and 1 year labor/delivery and/or special care nursery experience preferred.Interpretation of fetal heart monitor. Maintain flexibility in an unpredictable, fast-paced, environment. Differentiate age specific communication and care needs of the newborn, adolescents of childbearing age through advanced-age adult women (specific to job responsibilities). Strong communication skills. Positive public relations skills.
To comply with federal regulations of the Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA), all employees are required to complete an Employment Eligibility Verification form (I-9). This law applies to all hires including volunteers and students.
St. Vincent's Health Services participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)