Job ID: 326835
RN Registered Nurse - Emergency Department (ER)
Regular / Rotating
We Are Hiring
Staff Nurse Emerg - Emergency Department 001 - Part-Time, Rotating - St Vincent's Medical Center - Bridgeport, CT
Why Join Ascension?
St. Vincent’s Health Services, part of Ascension, operates St. Vincent’s Medical Center in Bridgeport and a number of other sites of care. Founded by the Daughters of Charity in 1903, St. Vincent’s is a mission-driven organization committed to exceptional healthcare for all with special consideration for the poor and underserved.
What You Will Do
As an RN Registered Nurse - Emergency Department (ER) with St. Vincent's Health Services, you will have the opportunity to provide direct nursing care to patients in the emergency services area in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Triages and prioritizes patient care based on acuity level and available resources.
- Implements and monitors patient care plans. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Works collaboratively with other disciplines to provide well-coordinated patient care.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
- Other Duties as assigned
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to assess patients and to identify physical, psychosocial, cultural, spiritual and age-related needs in order to provide individualized care to the patient.
- Delegates aspects of care to other nursing personnel consistent with their level of education and expertise in order to meet patients' needs and to maximize staff performance.
- Participates in daily interdisciplinary patient rounds. Demonstrates knowledge of patients' condition and is able to provide appropriate input to meet desired outcomes for the appropriate patient population.
- Reflects ANA Scope and Standards of Nursing Practice (2015), ANA Code of Ethics (2015), and ANA Social Policy Statement (2015).
- Develops, implements and revises individualized plans of care.
- Participates in activities for professional growth and development outside of patient care.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Connecticut Department of Public Health obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- 1 or more of the following:
- Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Red Cross obtained within 2 Months (60 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 2 Months (60 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Associates Degree (ASN REQUIRED; BSN PREFERRED)
- Critical Care or Emergency experience PREFERRED
To comply with federal regulations of the Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA), all employees are required to complete an Employment Eligibility Verification form (I-9). This law applies to all hires including volunteers and students.
St. Vincent's Health Services participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)