Job ID: 326781
Supervisor - Substance Abuse
Amsterdam, New York
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
Supervisor - Substance Abuse - Alcohol Dependency 001 - FT Days - St Mary's Hospital - Amsterdam, NY
Why Join Ascension?
St. Mary’s Healthcare in Amsterdam, N.Y., part of Ascension, features an award-winning acute care hospital, primary and specialty care centers throughout Fulton and Montgomery counties, more than 30 behavioral health services for persons in Fulton, Montgomery and Hamilton counties, a full continuum of physical rehabilitation services and a 160-bed nursing home. The organization has earned exceptional national rankings for excellence in medicine and has a continuing commitment to provide an exceptional patient experience.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with St. Mary's Hospital - NY, you will have the opportunity to supervise the substance abuse program.
- Determines, coordinates and supervises daily staffing assignments and staffing levels.Trains, coaches, and evaluates assigned staff on performance expectations. Applies progressive discipline when appropriate. Participates in hiring and termination procedures.Coordinates patient care with other members of the healthcare team to ensure the achievement of desired patient outcomes.Participates in direct delivery of care depending on patient census. Completes patient evaluations and treatments as needed.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Counselor specializing in Alcohol and Drug Abuse credentialed from the OASIS Certificate and Competency Board, Inc. (OCCB) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- Counselor specializing in Alcohol and Drug Abuse credentialed from the New York State Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Social Worker credentialed from the New York Board of Social Work obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
Education & Work Experience:
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required.
- 1 year of experience required.
Equal Employment Opportunity