Job ID: 327652
Occupational Therapy Assistant
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
Title: OT-Occupational Therapist
City, State: Austin, TX
Location: Dell Seton Medical Center
Department: Occupational Therapy 001
Additional Job Details: PRN Day
Why Join Ascension?
Why Join the Ascension Family?
- Power of Purpose: For us, work is more than the place we go each day. It’s an environment that nurtures relationships, connects talent, and understands patients so we can provide holistic care that treats the whole person: body, mind and spirit. Our innovative approach impacts and influences the community that we serve.
- A Mission with a Global Reach: Not only is Ascension focused on transforming healthcare in the US, we are also committed to the health and wellbeing of persons in developing countries. By joining our team – you are joining a global movement to care for those in need.
- A Passionate Team: Ascension associates are leaders who follow their heart. We give, grow, connect and provide care; together as a team we are committed to our mission of serving the poor and vulnerable.
- Opportunity for You to Impact Your Local Community: Last year Ascension provided over 1.8billion in free healthcare to those in need and without access. You will have the opportunity to offer your servants heart by volunteering with Ascension’s Medical Mission at Home program and other community benefit initiatives.
- Faith Based Approach: Spiritual care is fundamental to our identity and a tangible expression of our mission and values. It is also an essential part of providing care that treats the whole person: body, mind and spirit. We care for the spirit through compassionate relationships and empathetic, effective communication.
- Transformational Healthcare Environment: Our care teams collaborate between each other nationwide. Through working and learning together, we can create standards of excellence to be used across the system. This helps us provide better care for all persons, with special attention to those who are poor and vulnerable.
- Leading with Mission: Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide everything we do at Ascension. They are foundational to our work to transform healthcare and express our priorities when providing care and services, particularly to those most in need
- One Ascension: We are One Ascension. We share a drive to care for people and provide the best possible outcomes for our patients. Personalized care is our calling, and teamwork is the way we provide it.
- More Than a Job: Working for Ascension is more than just a job. It’s a career where your talent and passion for delivering quality healthcare can make a difference for patients, team members, and the community
What You Will Do
At Ascension, we’re using the power of purpose to change healthcare for the better.
Evaluates and treats patients with physical, emotional, cognitive and/or psychosocial deficits.
- Assesses patient 's ability to safely and effectively perform independent living skills. Designs the appropriate plan of care, including type and frequency of treatment.
- Implements the treatment plan using appropriate modalities. Documents findings of patient progress. Monitors and modifies the plan of care as needed. Seeks consultation as necessary.
- Educates the patient and family/caregiver about patient deficits. Plans and/or assists with patient discharge from therapy services and provides information regarding appropriate selection/use of adaptive equipment and support programs.
- Oversees the care provided by certified occupational therapy assistants and therapy 3-Technicians according to established regulations and practice standards.
- You will do all of this while contributing to mission effectiveness by promoting the spirit embodied with the Mission Statement: Service to the poor - Support the cause of those who lack resources for a reasonable quality of life. Reverence - Respect and compassion for the dignity and diversity of life Integrity - Inspiring trust through personal leadership. Wisdom - Integrating excellence and stewardship. Creativity - Courageous Innovation. Dedication - Affirming hope and joy in our ministry.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- Rehab Therapist specializing in Occupational Therapy credentialed from the Texas Board of Occupational Therapy obtained within 6 Months (180 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Bachelor's degree required Master's degree preferred
- Bachelor's degree required Master's degree preferred
- Preferred experience in Acute
- Preferred trauma experience
- Preferred experience in Critical Care
- Preferred Bilingual Spanish
Equal Employment Opportunity
Seton Healthcare Family is an equal employment opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and complies with all applicable federal, state and local equal employment regulations and laws. It is the policy of the Seton Healthcare Family to afford equal employment opportunities to all employees and prospective employees without regard to their race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic or status that is protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all personnel actions, such as hiring, promotion, transfer, demotion, termination, layoff and all other conditions and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Seton Healthcare Family is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.