Job ID: 328125
Tawas City, Michigan
Regular / Rotating
We Are Hiring
Phlebotomist - General Lab Anc 001 - PRN,Rotating - St Joseph Health System - Tawas City,MI
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension St. Joseph Health, you will have the opportunity to collect and process blood specimens for testing.
- Draws and collects blood samples. Verifies records.
- Labels, processes and delivers specimens for testing.
- Maintains supplies and equipment.
- May assist with coordinating and conducting blood drives, including interviewing and screening donors.
- Collects blood specimens using age-appropriate techniques; Venipuncture and Capillary puncture. Knowledgeable in collection of other specimen types, i.e. Urine of Stool, able to give information/guidance to patients. Able to collect selected cultures. Able to collect Urine Drug Screens 9 DOT/Non-DOT) and perform BAT.
- Performs Therapeutic Phlebotomy according to policy.
- Performs all assigned clerical duties for order entry. Functions as lab clerk.
- Responsible for Pre-analytical aspects for lab functions. Uses electronic systems (LIS/EHR). Forwards specimens to reference labs for testing.
What You Will Need
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Certification specializing in Phlebotomy.
- HS or Equivalent
- High school diploma or equivalent and Previous phlebotomy experience preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity