Job ID: 329530
Cook - Senior Care
Regular / Evening
We Are Hiring
Cook - Nutrition Services Asc Lvg - Full-Time,Evening - Providence Village - Waco,TX
Why Join Ascension?
Senior Living and Long-Term Care Communities
As a subsidiary of Ascension, Ascension Living is committed to providing services, amenities, opportunities and support, so seniors can enjoy living healthier and happier, at every age and at every stage.
We’re the second-largest nonprofit system in the U.S. Our living choices include independent living, assisted living, memory care, short-term rehabilitative care and long-term skilled nursing care.
More than 10,000 adults live in our 54 senior living communities, which are located in 12 states, and Washington, D.C. Also, more than 5,500 associates are employed by Ascension – professional, compassionate individuals who believe in empowering people to age successfully.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension Senior Living, you will have the opportunity toPrepares food in compliance with guidelines and standardized recipes.
- Reviews menu and special orders to determine types and quantities of food items to be prepared.
- Follows cooking schedule to ensure food will be ready at specified times. Confers with chef regarding modified diet preparation and use of leftovers.
- Adheres to Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) guidelines in the storage, handling and preparation of food as well as in the sanitation and maintenance of work area.
- Informs manager of any equipment malfunctions, problems with food quantity or quality, inefficient procedures or workflow.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- One to two years food preparation experience required
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.