Job ID: 329516
HR Business Advisor (HRBA)
Stevens Point, Wisconsin
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
HR Business Advisor - HR Partners Delivery - Full-Time, Days - 900 Illinois Ave - Stevens Point, WI
St. Michael’s Hospital in Stevens Point or St. Clare’s Hospital in Weston
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
Ascension includes approximately 156,000 associates and 34,000 aligned providers. The national health system operates more than 2,600 sites of care – including 151 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities – in 21 states and the District of Columbia, while providing a variety of services including physician practice management, venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, facilities management, clinical care management, information services, risk management, and contracting through Ascension’s own group purchasing organization.
Ascension St. Michael's Hospital, a fully accredited acute-care facility, offers expert, personalized care for residents of the Stevens Point area. With more than 200 physicians, Ascension St. Michael's Hospital provides a comprehensive set of acute-care options, including both innovative and proven treatment plans. Our broad range of services include all major specialties, emergency medicine, urgent care, surgery, ICU/CCU, diagnostic radiology, rehabilitation, sports medicine, occupational and behavioral health, pathology, and sleep diagnostics.
Ascension St. Clare's Hospital offers exceptional primary and specialty care and is nationally recognized for treatment of heart attack patients. We provide all the advantages of a modern facility along with a proven system of compassionate, personalized care. As a nationally recognized, 24-hour cardiac center and Accredited Chest Pain Center, we offer services in airway management, emergency pre-cardiac catheterization stabilization, and emergency resuscitation. Our broad range of primary and specialty healthcare services also includes gastroenterology, neurology, orthopedics, and ear, nose and throat care. Our personalized care includes modern patient amenities, which include spacious private rooms with digital entertainment systems and wireless internet, healing gardens, and custom meal options.
What You Will Do
As an HR Business Advisor (HRBA) with Ascension, you will have the opportunity to work side by side with frontline and midlevel managers in the organization to coach managers in people skills and adapt talent strategy to the needs of the business unit. HRBAs also provide frontline support in the areas of talent, employee engagement, organizational effectiveness, and change management. HRBAs adapt talent strategies to resolve business units’ operational issues, building effective people-management and employee-relations skills among managers while also handling the more complex employee relations issue. One of the primary functions of the HRBA is to work one on one with managers to develop their individual people-management skills so they can become more effective in attracting, hiring, coaching, and developing team members.
- Possesses exceptional relationship-building and interpersonal skills and the ability to interact positively with stakeholders at all levels in the organization.
- Demonstrates advising and coaching skills.
- Demonstrates the ability to define problems, establishes alternatives, and determines the optimal course of action in the context of broader business strategies and objectives.
- Works well under pressure, prioritizes, meets deadlines, drives projects to completion, and manages the results.
What You Will Need
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required.
- Four-year degree in HR management, organizational development or business-related field is strongly preferred.
- Five-plus years of progressive HR experience preferably one to two years working with a business-partner model is strongly preferred.
- Experience in at least two of the following HR functional areas: performance management, rewards, leadership, learning, employee relations or organizational development is strongly preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.