Job ID: 327775
St Louis, Missouri
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
Financial Analyst - Solutions Accounting - Full-Time, Days - Woodlands Plaza IV - St Louis, MO
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
Ascension includes approximately 156,000 associates and 34,000 aligned providers. The national health system operates more than 2,600 sites of care – including 151 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities – in 21 states and the District of Columbia, while providing a variety of services including physician practice management, venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, facilities management, clinical care management, information services, risk management, and contracting through Ascension’s own group purchasing organization.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension, you will have the opportunity to perform analysis and reporting regarding financial operations and information.
- Demonstrates effective communication and problem-solving skills.
- Prepares and maintains complex and significant journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, account analysis, and subsidiary ledgers.
- Prepares, analyzes maintains, and explains trend information.
- Reconcile all assigned balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis.
- Participate in process improvement activities related to central accounting functions as required, i. e. journal entry automation, support finance transformation, other automation effort
- Investigate/research open items, resolve issues and prepare required journal entries as needed.
- Prepare and maintain month end elimination and closing entries within Hyperion financial reporting system.
- Prepare monthly financial analysis and narratives of assigned system office entities.
- Prepare and maintain account reconciliations as assigned.
- Perform various complex account analyses and reconciliation.
- Support internal and external audits.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What You Will Need
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.