Job ID: 328760
HR Business Partner (HRBP)
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
HR Business Partner (HRBP) - HR Partners Delivery - Full-Time, Days - 800 St Mary's Medical Center - Saginaw, MI
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
Ascension includes approximately 156,000 associates and 34,000 aligned providers. The national health system operates more than 2,600 sites of care – including 151 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities – in 21 states and the District of Columbia, while providing a variety of services including physician practice management, venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, facilities management, clinical care management, information services, risk management, and contracting through Ascension’s own group purchasing organization.
What You Will Do
The HR Business Partner (HRBP) provides a broad range of strategic HR services to leaders within the business area(s) they support. The HRBPs work in partnership with business executives to address operational, talent, and talent lifecycle–related issues, including change management, organizational development, culture, employee relations, workforce planning, talent growth, development, and coaching. HRBPs proactively translate the group’s business strategies into HR solutions that best enable the team to meet its strategic objectives. HRBPs are extended members of executive leadership and are close advisors to the leadership team. Successful HRBPs possess a deep understanding of the business model, diagnose organizational needs, connect and deploy team capabilities, and consult with customer groups on operational strategies to improve business performance through people. HRBPs are also responsible for coaching leaders to enhance their people-leadership capabilities. In addition, our HRBPs ensure the quality of HR service delivery through effective collaboration with our HR operations services (shared services) and centers of expertise (CoE) specialist teams.
- Design approaches to improve organizational, operational, and people strategies. Customizes HR, talent management, and operational solutions to address specific business imperatives to positively impact operational performance.
- Coach and develop leaders and managers to deliver people management capabilities.
- Have the potential to manage other HR personnel (HR business advisors).
- Establish and maintain collaborative, credible, trusting partnerships with individuals across a broad range of people and groups, both internal and external.
- Draw upon other HR groups (CoEs, HR operational services) to deliver required expertise, resources, and services to drive customer / organizational imperatives. Understand business objectives and needs and connects teams to the right individuals, business strategies, HR strategies, practices, and solutions.
- Partner with business unit leaders in the process of performance management, associate engagement survey interpretation and action planning, patient satisfaction strategies, and identification of training and development needs.
- Work with managers to address and resolve employee relations issues. Facilitate managers' successful navigation through HR processes and systems.
- Collect and analyze Human Resources data and develops recommendations and action plans to address issues.
- Support the implementation of HR programs, communications, and initiatives.
What You Will Need
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required.
- Four-year degree in HR management, organizational development or business-related field is strongly preferred.
- Advanced degree preferred.
- Ten years of progressive HR experience with at least five as an HRBP OR eight years of industry or operational experience.
- Healthcare HR experience is preferred.
- PeopleSoft experience is preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.