Job ID: 328820
Medical Assistant - Behavioral Health - DeLano Clinic
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
Medical Assistant - DeLano Clinic - Full-Time Day 40 Hours Weekly - Borgess at Currier Drive - Ascension Medical Group Borgess - Portage, MI
8-5 Mon Wed Fri
8-6 Tues and Thurs
Why Join Ascension?
In Michigan, Ascension operates 15 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ over 200,000 associates. Across the state, Ascension Michigan is working together to help bring patients more resources and better care. Ascension Michigan is also committed to its community; it provided over $272 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in FY2018. Ascension Michigan is dedicated to spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals and communities.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension Borgess, you will have the opportunity to assist with the examination and treatment of patients under the direction of a physician.
- Assists with treatments ordered by physician as supervised by physician or registered nurse. Performs select clinical duties.
- Interviews patients, measures vital signs, and records information on patients' charts. Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients.
- Performs basic clerical duties including answering the phone, maintaining records, and filing.
- Performs basic materials management functions to include ordering and stocking of supplies. Assists with maintaining a clean and orderly environment.
- Excellent knowledge of medical terminology and anatomy.
- Assist with medical instruments or equipment needed to administer patient care.
- Perform vitals on patients.
- Skill in assisting physician in a variety of treatments and medications as directed.
- Perform a facilitator role in shared medical appointments.
- Upon completion of training, has ability to perform computer download process for patient diabetes equipment including glucose meter, CGMS system and insulin pump.
- Educate patients on diabetes and related issues and medications.
- The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED) required. Associate's degree in a related field preferred. One year technical experience preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Borgess Health is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to the nondiscrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, handicap, disability, veteran or marital status.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.