Job ID: 329553
Registered Nurse - Emergency Department
Amsterdam, New York
Regular / Rotating
We Are Hiring
Registered Nurse - Emergency Dept - Emergency Department 001 - FT Rotating - St Mary's Hospital - Amsterdam, NY
Position is eligible for a $5K sign on bonus
Why Join Ascension?
St. Mary’s Healthcare, based in Amersterdam, New York, provides a full range of outpatient services while featuring an award-winning acute care hospital, three Urgent Care Centers, multiple primary and pediatric health centers, specialty care including Cancer Medicine, Gastroenterology, OB-GYN, ENT, Surgical and Urology, inpatient and outpatient mental health services and a 160-bed nursing home. The organization has earned outstanding national rankings for excellence in medicine and patient safety.
St. Mary's Healthcare is part of Ascension, a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
Nurses are at the heart of the care we provide. We work together to achieve a highly collaborative nursing environment that leads to more positive outcomes for you and your patients. We are committed to working together to create change. Our open, highly collaborative work environment allows nurses to identify and share ideas across disciplines so we can all give better care.
As a Registered Nurse with St. Mary's Hospital in our Emergency Department , you will have the opportunity to provide direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Implements and monitors patient care plans. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Advanced Life Support obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date.
- BLS Provider obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the New York Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
Education & Work Experience:
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required.
- One year of RN experience required
Equal Employment Opportunity