Job ID: 330055
Regular / Night
We Are Hiring
Interpreter - Nursing Administration 001 - Full-Time, Nights - St Agnes Hospital-Baltimore MD - Baltimore, MD
Why Join Ascension?
Saint Agnes Healthcare serves the greater Baltimore area and employs more than 3,000 associates. Saint Agnes offers a full range of services through its operation of a 254-bed, full-service teaching hospital, Saint Agnes Medical Group, Seton Imaging Center, and Saint Agnes Foundation. Partnerships throughout the community have positioned Saint Agnes to provide support to individuals when and where they need it most. Saint Agnes strives to ensure the vitality and health of the community.
Saint Agnes Healthcare is part of Ascension, a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with St. Agnes Healthcare-MD, you will have the opportunity toActs as a liaison between English and non-English speaking and/or hearing guests, staff and patients by providing interpreter services.
- Listens to, comprehends and translates oral or written communications from English to another language and vice versa.
- Translates basic to intermediate communication.
- Complies with all privacy and confidentiality policies when communicating patient information.
- Develops translated forms and educational materials for non-English speaking and/or hearing populations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Interprets for providers, bedside staff, and non-English speaking patients/ family members of specified language group, as well as other contracted providers and staff.
- Uses recommended standards for culturally and linguistically appropriate Health Care Service (per DHHS Office of Minority health and Resources for Cross Cultural Health Care).
- Contacts non-English speaking patients and accurately transmits messages from provider/nurse via appropriate means. Communicates concerns from patient to the provider/ nurse and documents activities appropriately in the medical record.
- Maintains solid knowledge of available and appropriate programs, community resources, and assisting organizations for the particular language group and facilitates referrals for patients of specific language group to outside agencies.
What You Will NeedEducation:
- Required: Certificate of completion of a recognized interpreter training program Successful completion of interpreter skills and ethics course with medical language testing in English and target language at date of hire
- HS or Equivalent
- Required: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); Able to pass a proficiency test for medical terminology at date of hire
- Required: No experience and Fully bilingual in English and target language at date of hire. Preferred: One year experience as interpreter at date of hire.
Equal Employment Opportunity