Job ID: 329961
Regular / Rotating
We Are Hiring
Associate Chaplain - Pastoral Spiritual Care 001 - PRN, Rotating - St Thomas West Hospital - Nashville, TN, Variable - includes working shifts and on-call coverage
Why Join Ascension?
In Tennessee, Ascension’s Saint Thomas Health operates nine hospitals in addition to a comprehensive network of affiliated joint ventures, medical practices, clinics and rehabilitation facilities covering a 68-county area and employing more than 8,000 associates. Across the state, Saint Thomas Health provides a wide variety of inpatient and outpatient services. The clinical programs and medical facilities are continuously updated to meet both the changing needs of the community and the challenges posed by innovations in technology.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Saint Thomas Health Svcs-TN, you will have the opportunity to provide religious and spiritual care and counsel for emotional and spiritual distress to patients, their families, associates and others with attention to diverse spiritual orientations and cultures.
- Assesses, provides, and documents pastoral care to patients, families and staff.
- Provides appropriate pastoral care to the local ministry and community through prayer and blessings.
- Provides consultation to patients, families, and medical staff with ethical decision making and values while making appropriate referrals as needed.
- Assists in planning, organizing, evaluating, and implementing the spiritual program with each local ministry in order to ensure spirituality initiatives are executed properly.
What You Will NeedEducation:
- Bachelor's Degree required and Master's Degree preferred in Theology, Religious Studies, Human Behavior or a related field 1 unit required and 2 units preferred of Clinical Pastoral Education accredited by the ACPE
- 2 years of healthcare experience is preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Saint Thomas Health Services complies with all applicable federal and state laws prohibiting discrimination in hiring or employment practices on the basis of citizenship, race, color, religion, gender, age, national and ethnic origin, disability, or veteran status.
No question or item on this application for employment is intended to secure information to be used for such discrimination. Information obtained through this application will be used solely to determine qualifications and suitability for employment. This application will be valid for a period of 90 days from date of completion.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Saint Thomas Health participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)