Job ID: 330196
Registered Nurse (RN) Ortho
Regular / Night
We Are Hiring
We Are Hiring
Our specialized Ortho Med Surg team is expanding to allow you more time to treat your patients!
12-hour night shift
Monday-Friday, 6 pm – 6:30 am
Rotating Weekend On-Call (every 10th weekend)
Why Join Ascension
St. Vincent’s Birmingham is a 400+ bed hospital conveniently located downtown. We are currently undergoing an exciting expansion and renovation project to create more patient rooms and waiting areas.
- Compensation/Benefits: At Ascension, we care for the people who are the foundation of our work to fulfill our mission: our associates. We offer a comprehensive benefit package inclusive of medical, dental, vision, retirement, and generous PTO. Associates can also take advantage of other great benefits like tuition reimbursement or adoption assistance.
- Heart of Care: Nurses are at the heart of the care we provide. That’s why, at Ascension, we invest in our nurses so they can have a positive impact on the people and communities we serve.
- Power of Purpose: For the associates at St. Vincent’s, work is more than the place we go each day. It’s an environment that nurtures relationships, connects talent, and understands patients so we can provide holistic care that treats the whole person: body, mind and spirit. Our innovative approach impacts and influences the community that we serve.
What you will do
The Orthopaedic Medical Surgical units at St. Vincent’s are divided into 2 floors with 30 beds on each level. Additionally, we have 10 overflow beds that may be used when necessary. Most patients are recovering from total knee and hip/joint procedures and we also see many fractures and spine repairs. We treat 40-50 patients a day and provide expert nursing support to 25 ortho and 7 neuro/spine doctors and surgeons. This is a great role for someone who likes to stay busy and learn from a variety of specialists!
What you will need
- Required Credentials:
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date.
- Licensed Associate Professional Registered Nurse credentialed from the Alabama Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date.
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing
Equal Employment Opportunity
As an equal opportunity employer, St. Vincent's and all its ministries comply with all applicable employment laws and regulations. In order to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at St. Vincent's and all its ministries based on merit, qualifications and abilities.
Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, age or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. Vincent's participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)