Job ID: 329797
Athletic Trainer - High School Outreach
Binghamton, New York
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
Why Join Ascension?
What You Will Do
- As a High School Outreach, Athletic Trainer, you will have the opportunity to evaluate and manages injuries. Responsibilities include maintaining a medical file on each athlete and acting as a liaison between the physician and the athlete.
- Your role also includes implementing treatment and rehabilitation programs, and developing conditioning programs for injured and non-injured athletes.
- While working with students, you will also can prepare athletes for practice or competition.
- Working with high school students it is important that you possess interpersonal and communication skills commensurate with securing and nurturing relationships that will support our sports medicine strategic plan.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Licensed Athletic Trainer credentialed from the New York Committee of Athletic Trainers obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- BLS Provider obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required.
- Bachelor's Degree required but Master's Degree preferred.
- Experience is preferred but entry-level graduates who are NATABOC eligible will be considered.
Equal Employment Opportunity
As an equal opportunity employer, Our Lady of Lourdes Memorial Hospital (Lourdes) complies with all applicable employment laws and regulations. In order to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Lourdes are based on merit, qualifications and abilities.
Lourdes does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Lourdes is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.