Job ID: 327440
Physician, Psychiatry - Outpatient
Stevens Point, Wisconsin
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
Physician, Psychiatry - Outpatient -Full-Time- Ascension Wisconsin- Stevens Point,WI
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Wisconsin operates 24 hospital campuses and more than 100 related healthcare facilities from Racine to Eagle River. Ascension Wisconsin employs more than 1,300 primary and specialty care clinicians. Ascension Wisconsin is a faith-based healthcare organization that has been serving the state since 1848. In FY2018, Ascension Wisconsin provided more than $292 million in community benefit, including care of persons living in poverty.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
Ascension Wisconsin is currently seeking a BC/BE Adult Psychiatrist to join our behavioral health team in Stevens Point, WI. This is an excellent opportunity to join a collegial team with outpatient Psychiatrists, inpatient Psychiatrists, Psychologists, Social Workers and AODA counselors in a beautiful Midwestern university community. The successful candidate will share our commitment to quality health care and exceptional patient service.
- General adult outpatient practice with flexibility to provide inpatient coverage, manage chronic patients, and expand services to community needs
- Flexible schedule
- Current unmet demand would allow you to build a practice quickly
- Patient panel is broad and would allow you to treat a variety of cases
- No weekends or holiday coverage; minimal call coverage
- Strong referral base with established methodology for appropriate referrals
- Resources include: adjacent out-patient psychotherapy clinic with therapists/psychologists; hospital psychiatrist service, ECT service, a freestanding AODA out-patient clinic and an AODA residential treatment facility
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Physician MD/DO credentialed from the Wisconsin Medical Examining Board obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Licensure is dependent on state associate works in.
- Current Board Certification required. Board Eligibility accepted if within 2 years of residency completion.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO) required
- None required.
Equal Employment Opportunity