Job ID: 330097
Registered Nurse (RN) - Full Time Days - Med Surg
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
RN-Med Surg - Med Surg 5W - Full-Time Days - Saint Thomas Rutherford Hospital - Murfreesboro, TN
This is a floor with a diverse patient population, a very friendly staff of nurses, a caring, laid-back nurse manager and a close-knit team!
If you've been away from nursing for a while and are ready to return, this would be a GREAT floor for you to join! If you have RN experience in a senior/assisted living facility, this would be a GREAT floor for you to join! If you enjoy variety and get bored with routine care, this would be a GREAT floor for you to join!
We see a lot of CHF patients to decrease readmissions, patients with COPD, Pneumonia. Renal and Diabetic patients. On this floor we also treat wounds. Never a dull moment!
On 5W, you will,
- Implement and monitor patient care plans. Monitor, record and communicate patient condition as appropriate.
- Serve as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Note and carry out physician and nursing orders.
- Assess and coordinate patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
Why Join Ascension?
In Tennessee, Ascension’s Saint Thomas Health operates nine hospitals in addition to a comprehensive network of affiliated joint ventures, medical practices, clinics and rehabilitation facilities covering a 68-county area and employing more than 8,000 associates. Across the state, Saint Thomas Health provides a wide variety of inpatient and outpatient services. The clinical programs and medical facilities are continuously updated to meet both the changing needs of the community and the challenges posed by innovations in technology.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Tennessee Board of Nursing or current home state license for multi-state license recognition "Compact State" obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required
Equal Employment Opportunity
Saint Thomas Health Services complies with all applicable federal and state laws prohibiting discrimination in hiring or employment practices on the basis of citizenship, race, color, religion, gender, age, national and ethnic origin, disability, or veteran status.
No question or item on this application for employment is intended to secure information to be used for such discrimination. Information obtained through this application will be used solely to determine qualifications and suitability for employment. This application will be valid for a period of 90 days from date of completion.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Saint Thomas Health participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)