Job ID: 330261
Regular / Rotating
We Are Hiring
Registration Specialist (BU) - Patient Access Admitting 001 - PRN Rotating - St Mary's of Michigan-MedCtr - Saginaw,MI
This is a union position.
Why Join Ascension?
In Michigan, Ascension operates 15 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ over 200,000 associates. Across the state, Ascension Michigan is working together to help bring patients more resources and better care. Ascension Michigan is also committed to its community; it provided over $272 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in FY2018. Ascension Michigan is dedicated to spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals and communities.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension St. Mary's of Michigan, you will have the opportunity to perform clerical and reception duties associated with patient registration.
- Greets patients and visitors, responds to questions/concerns and directs them to appropriate location. Provides on-going communication with clinical staff regarding patient status.
- Collects and enters all necessary demographic, clinical, billing and insurance information from patients or responsible parties.
- Explains processes and forms to patients prior to securing signatures and ensures that all documents are properly signed and witnessed as required.
- Determines and accepts required payments, including co-pays and deductibles.
- All other duties as assigned.
What You Will Need
- HS or Equivalent
- High School diploma or equivalent required and Prior experience in a hospital environment or insurance company preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity