Job ID: 330304
Phlebotomist - Outpatient
Regular / Rotating
We Are Hiring
Phlebotomist - Outpatient - Lab Outreach - PRN Rotating - Pine Heights Ave-Baltimore MD - Baltimore, MD
Why Join Ascension?
Saint Agnes Healthcare serves the greater Baltimore area and employs more than 3,000 associates. Saint Agnes offers a full range of services through its operation of a 254-bed, full-service teaching hospital, Saint Agnes Medical Group, Seton Imaging Center, and Saint Agnes Foundation. Partnerships throughout the community have positioned Saint Agnes to provide support to individuals when and where they need it most. Saint Agnes strives to ensure the vitality and health of the community.
Saint Agnes Healthcare is part of Ascension, a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with St. Agnes Healthcare - MD, you will have the opportunity to collect and process blood specimens for testing.
- Draws and collects blood samples. Verifies records.
- Labels, processes and delivers specimens for testing.
- Maintains supplies and equipment.
- May assist with coordinating and conducting blood drives, including interviewing and screening donors.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Performs laboratory and patient requirements to include patient registration, pre-analytical specimen handling, performing phlebotomy procedures and performing a variety of semi-skilled, technical, clerical, and computer related tasks. Adheres to and demonstrates knowledge of OSHA, CAP, FDA, CLIA and other regulations as they govern laboratory, and phlebotomy activities.
- Performs venipunctures, skin punctures, throat cultures, bleeding times, and glucose tolerance testing on neonates through adults as assigned.
- Utilizes tools provided such as logs and occurrence reports to document appropriate information. Assists in maintaining updated laboratory manuals.
- Travels locally to clients, patient residences, community screenings and specimen collection stations. Obtains supervisory approval for working any overtime, specifically related to job assignments. Assumes on call when necessary.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Licensed Drivers License credentialed from the Maryland Department of Motor Vehicles obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Certified Certification specializing in Phlebotomy credentialed from the American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification (ASCP-BOC). Or equivalent phlebotomy certification organization.
- Certified Medical Assistant.
Education & Work Experience:
- Required: High School Graduate or Equivalent
- Preferred: Completion of a Phlebotomy course through a local community college or other organization.
- Completion of a Medical Terminology course.
- Required: Six months’ phlebotomy experience in a clinical laboratory, six months’ phlebotomy experience in a physician office, or completion of a clinical rotation as a phlebotomy student.
- Preferred: One year of phlebotomy experience with certification or two years’ phlebotomy experience without certification.
Equal Employment Opportunity