Job ID: 330209
PRN Speech Therapist (SLP) - PEDs
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
Speech/Language Pathologist- Rehab Services General 001 - PRN,Day - SHH Emerald Coast - Destin,FL
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Sacred Heart is a faith-based health system that provides a network of hospitals, outpatient health centers, physician offices, rehabilitation centers and a variety of other health services to communities in South Alabama and across Northwest Florida. The health system includes the 566-bed Ascension Sacred Heart Hospital in Pensacola and the Studer Family Children’s Hospital at Sacred Heart, the region's only facility specializing in the care of children. Major regional services based in Pensacola also include the Heart and Vascular Institute, the area's leading Stroke Center, a Level II Trauma Center, and a Cancer Center affiliated with MD Anderson Cancer Network. In 2003, Ascension Sacred Heart opened its Emerald Coast hospital, a 76-bed community hospital in Walton County, near Destin, Fla. Ascension Sacred Heart also includes a 75-bed hospital in Panama City where services include a Level II trauma center and advanced cardiovascular care, as well as a 19-bed community hospital in Port St. Joe, FL, that serves Gulf and Franklin counties.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
Why Join the Sacred Heart Family?
Compensation/Benefits: At Ascension, we care for the people who are the foundation of our work to fulfill our mission: our associates. We offer a comprehensive benefit package inclusive of medical, dental, vision, retirement, and generous PTO. Associates can also take advantage of other great benefits like tuition reimbursement or adoption assistance.
Competitive Compensation – We value and know the importance of our PRN associates. So, our PRN associates are paid 20% additional on top of their base hourly rate!
What You Will Do
Every day that you come to work, you improve people’s lives, as you teach them to communicate their needs! Being able to communicate our needs and views is vital to our development.
At Sacred Heart Hospital, as our Speech Therapist, you will help transform the daily lives of our patients who are experiencing communication disorders. You will improve our patients’ verbal and written expressions, auditory processing skills, comprehension levels, memories, and problem-solving skills.
Additionally, you will evaluate and treat patients requiring speech-language therapy.
- Performs therapy interventions utilizing standard therapy techniques and skills as appropriate for the condition of the patient.
- Educates and counsels patient and family regarding treatment plans.
- Maintains clinical records and follows performance improvement recommendations.
- Plans and/or assists with patient discharge from speech therapy services. Provides information regarding appropriate support programs.
What You Will Need
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Speech-Language Pathologist credentialed from the Florida Board of Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent required.
- Master's degree in a related field, or combination of Bachelor's degree and related experience preferred.
- 3 Years Preferred Technical Experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Sacred Heart Health System is an equal opportunity employer.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Sacred Heart Health System participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)