Job ID: 330175
Medical Assistant (MA) - YMCA
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
Medical Assistant - YMCA Physician Practice - Full-Time Days - SVMG Downtown YMCA - Evansville, IN
Occasional evening and weekend hours
Why Join Ascension?
In Indiana, St. Vincent operates 24 hospitals in addition to a comprehensive network of affiliated joint ventures, medical practices, and clinics. St. Vincent's more than 15,000 associates and 3,000 providers offer expertise in a wide range of services including acute/long-term acute care, bariatrics, cancer care, cardiovascular services, emergency/trauma services, neuroscience, orthopedics, pediatric services, primary care, urgent/immediate care, women's health and more. St. Vincent has been serving central and southern Indiana for 145 years.
St. Vincent is part of Ascension, a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with St. Vincent Health System-IN, you will have the opportunity to assist with the examination and treatment of patients under the direction of a physician.
- Assists with treatments ordered by physician as supervised by physician or registered nurse. Performs select clinical duties.
- Interviews patients, measures vital signs, and records information on patients' charts. Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients.
- Performs basic clerical duties including answering the phone, maintaining records, and filing.
- Performs basic materials management functions to include ordering and stocking of supplies. Assists with maintaining a clean and orderly environment.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 90 days of hire date or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- Registered Medical Assistant obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Certified Medical Assistant obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Medical office experience preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity
St. Vincent, a member of Ascension Health, participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)