Job ID: 327169
Director - Primary Care
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
Director-Primary Care - Primary Care Admin - Full-Time, Days - 2660 Main Street - Bridgeport, CT
Why Join Ascension?
St. Vincent’s Health Services, part of Ascension, operates St. Vincent’s Medical Center in Bridgeport and a number of other sites of care. Founded by the Daughters of Charity in 1903, St. Vincent’s is a mission-driven organization committed to exceptional healthcare for all with special consideration for the poor and underserved.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with St. Vincent's Health Services-, you will have the opportunity toDevelops and implements policies, procedures and strategies related to the physician practice.
- Develops goals, plans and standards consistent with clinical, administrative, legal and ethical requirements/objectives of the organization.
- Plans, organizes and directs all activities related to staffing, including hiring, orienting, evaluating, disciplinary actions and continuing education initiatives.
- Prepares budgets and ensures compliance with allocated funding. Coordinates and directs internal/external audits.
- Directs and evaluates practice activities to achieve performance and quality control objectives.
- Supports the development and implementation of the Companys practice improvement initiatives as it relates to the divisions specific discipline.
- Assists in the preparation of clinic budgets.
- Provides monthly and annual data and budget variance analysis.
- Coordinates the efforts of all the various functions involved in supporting and managing the medical practice(s).
- Monitors practice key indicators to identify significant trends, patterns, and changes in performance and consequently provide physicians with the necessary information to ensure that they are performing at their optimum level when compared with local and national standards.
- Ensures that clinics are in compliance with all applicable regulatory agencies including OSHA, CLIA and Department of Labor. Receives complaints from clients/physicians.
What You Will Need
- Bachelor's Level Degree
- Master Degree preferred and a minimum of 5 to 7 years experience in a medical office setting with a minimum of 3 years in a management capacity.
Certified Medical Practice Executive (CMPE) credential preferred
To comply with federal regulations of the Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA), all employees are required to complete an Employment Eligibility Verification form (I-9). This law applies to all hires including volunteers and students.
St. Vincent's Health Services participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)