Job ID: 330714
Occupational Therapist - PRN
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
Looking for a great PRN Occupational Therapist opportunity?
Join our family of dedicated, highly skilled nurses at St. Vincent’s Medical Center Southside, currently a 311-bed facility, With a perfect mix of steady patient flow with relaxing effectiveness, St. Vincent’s Southside is a truly balanced environment for nurses looking for a long-term career that avoids boredom or burnout.
St. Vincent HealthCare has been proudly serving Jacksonville and the surrounding areas since 1873. We are a part of Ascension, the nation’s largest nonprofit healthcare system. In Florida, Ascension operates seven hospitals and has over 100 sites of care. We employ nearly 10,000 people across the region. Together with Sacred Heart, we provided $168 million dollars in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world’s largest Catholic health system, Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. In FY2017, Ascension provided more than $1.8 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs. Ascension includes approximately 165,000 associates and 34,000 aligned providers. Ascension’s Healthcare Division operates more than 2,600 sites of care – including 153 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities – in 22 states and the District of Columbia, while its Solutions Division provides a variety of services and solutions including physician practice management, venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, facilities management, clinical care management, information services, risk management, and contracting through Ascension’s own group purchasing organization.
Why join Ascension?
- Caring Team: Working together as a team, our nurses are incredibly supportive of each other and care for each other as family.
- More Than a Job: Working for Ascension is more than just a job. It’s a career where your talent and passion for delivering quality healthcare can make a difference for patients, team members, and the community. With a mission established 100 years ago, your role on the team will contribute to a legacy that has supported our community for over a century.
- Strength in our People: At Ascension, we believe our people are our strength and we invest in them. In addition to the chance to have a positive impact on the people and communities we serve, associates benefit from significant professional opportunities, career advancement, training and competitive wages. We also support work-life balance and spirituality in the workplace.
- Wellbeing Programs: Transforming healthcare starts with taking care of our associates. We know our associates are busy and on the go. We provide our team resources and tools to help them proactively manage their physical, spiritual, and emotional wellbeing.
- Compensation/Benefits: At Ascension, we provide a competitive compensation package inclusive of a wide range of flexible benefit options. We support work-life balance through generous paid time off and encourage spirituality in the workplace.
- Assesses patient 's ability to safely and effectively perform independent living skills. Designs the appropriate plan of care, including type and frequency of treatment.
- Implements the treatment plan using appropriate modalities. Documents findings of patient progress. Monitors and modifies the plan of care as needed. Seeks consultation as necessary.
- Educates the patient and family/caregiver about patient deficits. Plans and/or assists with patient discharge from therapy services and provides information regarding appropriate selection/use of adaptive equipment and support programs.
- Oversees the care provided by certified occupational therapy assistants and therapy 3-Technicians according to established regulations and practice standards.
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Rehab Therapist specializing in Occupational Therapy (OTR) credentialed from the Florida Board of Occupational Therapy, licensure or eligible.
- Bachelor's degree required Master's degree preferred
- 3-5 years Acute care experience required
Equal Employment Opportunity
St. Vincent's HealthCare participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)