Job ID: 329994
Labor Relations Partner
Grand Blanc, Michigan
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
Labor Relations Partner - HR Partners Delivery - Full-Time, Days - Grand Blanc HealthPark - Grand Blanc, MI
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
Ascension includes approximately 156,000 associates and 34,000 aligned providers. The national health system operates more than 2,600 sites of care – including 151 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities – in 21 states and the District of Columbia, while providing a variety of services including physician practice management, venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, facilities management, clinical care management, information services, risk management, and contracting through Ascension’s own group purchasing organization.
What You Will Do
As a Labor Relations Partner with Ascension, you will have the opportunity to develop and execute Labor Relations strategy for Ministry Market to ensure ministry and market alignment with the organization's philosophy, strategies, policies and practices.
- Serves as part of the Human Resources team on the development, administration, interpretation, and application of Labor Relations policies and programs and related matters, including quality control, data management, and compliance with local and national labor and employment laws.
- Advises and assists in the administration of collective bargaining agreements, contract interpretation, grievance and discipline administration. Consults with managers and HR Partners on workplace and associate issues, provides expert advice, coordinates with legal counsel, and serves as spokesperson and liaison with union leadership.
- Coordinates and/or leads collective bargaining negotiations; serves as chief spokesperson and negotiator, representing and operationally defining labor policies that are competitive, and ensure cost effective labor agreements across Ministry Market. Responsible for the ongoing implementation of business and operational changes during contract term.
- Provides consultation and mediation regarding work-related issues, conflicts, discipline policy/procedures, questions, and contract interpretation. Acts as company advocate for labor arbitration cases.; conducts investigations, and prepares arbitration cases, working with Legal as appropriate.
- Identifies labor relations training needs. Assists in the design of training, and ensures training is delivered effectively to target audiences.
What You Will Need
- Bachelor's Level Degree: Four-year degree in HR management, organizational development or business-related field is strongly preferred
- Advanced degree preferred
- Ten years of progressive HR experience with at least five as an HRBP OR eight years of industry or operational experience.
- Union experience is strongly preferred.
- Experience working as a Management consultant and working with external customers is required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.