Job ID: 329731
Clinical Social Worker-Seton McCarthy Clinic
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
Clinical Social Work - Seton McCarthy Clinic
Shift: Full-Time, Day 8:00-5:00 or 9:00-6:00
Seton McCarthy Comm Health Ctr - Austin,TX
Seton Family of Doctors is proud to bring comprehensive primary care for adults and children at Seton McCarthy Community Clinic. Located in the heart of Central Austin at the corner of East 2nd Street and Pleasant Valley Road. Our family medicine clinic is committed to providing high quality, preventive care to our patients and to treating acute and chronic illnesses. We care for patients with many health problems such as high blood pressure, diabetes, asthma, arthritis and heart disease.
Our goal is to keep our patients healthy through a team approach to preventive care. Our medical staff includes Family Practice and Pediatric Physicians as well as Family Nurse Practitioners, Dietitians, and Social Workers. Our services include:
- Comprehensive Primary Family & Pediatric Care
- Physical exams for the whole family
- New & Annual Medicare Wellness Visit
- Sports Physicals
- Blood pressure & cholesterol management
- Diabetes & Nutrition Education
- Mental Health Counseling
- Mindfulness Health & Wellness Group Visits
- Acupuncture Services
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Seton, based in Austin, Texas, is a faith-based non-profit healthcare system founded in 1902 by the Daughters of Charity. Called to be a sign of God’s unconditional love for all, Ascension Seton strives to expand access to high-quality, low-cost, person-centered care and services. Ascension Seton operates more than 100 clinical locations, including four teaching hospitals which serve as training sites for Dell Medical School at The University of Texas.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Seton Family of Hospitals-TX, you will have the opportunity to apply specialized clinical knowledge and advanced clinical skills in the areas of assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of mental, emotional, behavioral and developmental disorders, conditions and addictions.
- Administers and interprets tests and measures of psychosocial functioning for the purpose of diagnosing mental, emotional, behavioral, addictive and developmental disorders and disabilities.
- Develops and implements appropriate assessment-based treatment plan.
- Consults with team managers, statutory and voluntary agencies and patient's relatives to ensure compliance with patient's treatment plan.
- Provides crisis-oriented psychotherapy as well as short-term and long-term psychotherapy and psychotherapeutic treatment.
- Completes documentation of patient therapy in a timely manner and in accordance with both Federal and State regulations.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Social Worker credentialed from the Texas Department of State Health Services .
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required
- None required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Seton Healthcare Family is an equal employment opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and complies with all applicable federal, state and local equal employment regulations and laws. It is the policy of the Seton Healthcare Family to afford equal employment opportunities to all employees and prospective employees without regard to their race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic or status that is protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all personnel actions, such as hiring, promotion, transfer, demotion, termination, layoff and all other conditions and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Seton Healthcare Family is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.