Job ID: 327344
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
Physician, Rheumatology - Ascension Medical Group - Full-Time - Midway Road - Menasha,WI
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Wisconsin operates 24 hospital campuses and more than 100 related healthcare facilities from Racine to Eagle River. Ascension Wisconsin employs more than 1,300 primary and specialty care clinicians. Ascension Wisconsin is a faith-based healthcare organization that has been serving the state since 1848. In FY2018, Ascension Wisconsin provided more than $292 million in community benefit, including care of persons living in poverty.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
Ascension Wisconsin is currently seeking a highly motivated and energetic full time (or part-time) Rheumatologist to join our very busy practice in Appleton, WI. The practice is predominately in a multi-specialty clinic building and outpatient surgery center. This is a consultative practice for a referral base of around 150 primary care providers.
- Join a well-established, collegial, tenured team of:
- 4 Rheumatologists
- Monday-Thursday- consultative call only
- Friday-Sunday- phone call (minimal)
- Must be Board Eligible/Board Certified in Rheumatology
- Open to new or practicing physicians
- General Outpatient Rheumatology Practice
- Excellent opportunity to be busy right away due to growth
- Generous Benefits, including a great retirement package
- Competitive compensation package
- Robust signing incentives, loan forgiveness, relocation assistance, etc.
- Clinic hours:
- Monday-Friday: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- 36 direct patient care hours/week with flexible scheduling (4.5 day work week)
- Ultrasound is available if interested in doing ultrasound guided procedures
- There is a stable and growing primary care base that presents a great deal of referrals
- Full service Hospital – Ascension St. Elizabeth in Appleton with 300+ beds and Ascension Mercy Hospital in Oshkosh with 150 beds
- DXA, x-ray and lab on-site
- Located in a vibrant community with a full complement of urban amenities, yet affordable, with small town charm
- J1 Visa sponsorship
Wisconsin's Fox Cities are anchored by Neenah, Menasha, and Appleton, communities known for their quality of life. The Fox Cities are one of Wisconsin's fastest growing areas with more than 236,000 residents. A unique mixture of urban style and small-town warmth make the Fox Cities a great place to live and practice medicine. Appleton is located in Northeastern Wisconsin which is just 100 miles to Milwaukee, 30 miles to Green Bay, 200 miles to Chicago, and 100 miles to Madison- the ideal location to be. Appleton has culture, entertainment and convenience that will offer amenities for everyone. Wisconsin is home to national sports teams including the Green Bay Packers, the Milwaukee Brewers, the Milwaukee Bucks and more. Our Fox Cities Performing Arts Center offers Broadway shows and a plethora of entertainment varieties. Historic Lawrence University is in the heart of Appleton along the Fox River. Travel is easy and convenient with Appleton International Airport located about 10 minutes west of downtown. Northeast Wisconsin has lots of natural beauty with over 15,000 lakes and countless opportunities for leisure including sailing, skiing, golfing, fishing, biking, hiking, camping and so much more. Appleton has exceptional public and private schools, is a safe family friendly community, and has a relatively low cost of living, making it ideal for raising a family. It’s an attractive place filled with friendly people, fine institutions and high-quality healthcare.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- One or more of the following:
- Physician MD/DO
- One or more of the following:
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO)
Equal Employment Opportunity