Job ID: 330749
Technician - Patient Care
Amsterdam, New York
Regular / Night
We Are Hiring
Technician - Patient Care - Emergency Department 001 - FT Nights - St Mary's Hospital - Amsterdam, NY
Why Join Ascension?
St. Mary’s Healthcare, based in Amsterdam, New York, provides a full range of outpatient services while featuring an award-winning acute care hospital, three Urgent Care Centers, multiple primary and pediatric health centers, specialty care including Cancer Medicine, Gastroenterology, OB-GYN, ENT, Surgical and Urology, inpatient and outpatient mental health services and a 160-bed nursing home. The organization has earned outstanding national rankings for excellence in medicine and patient safety.
St. Mary's Healthcare is part of Ascension, a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with St. Mary's Hospital - NY, you will have the opportunity to perform basic clinical and non-clinical patient care activities under supervision in assigned area.
- Aids with entry and exit of patients.
- Assists patients with tending to personal care and activities of daily living.
- Reports findings or changes in physical, mental and emotional conditions to nursing staff. Documents necessary records.
- Responsible for keeping patient rooms clean and orderly as well as maintaining medical equipment.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
Education & Work Experience:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- None required.
Equal Employment Opportunity