Job ID: 330466
Regular / Rotating
We Are Hiring
Via Christi Clinic Services - Wichita, KS
Why Join Ascension?
Via Christi Health, a part of Ascension, is the largest healthcare provider in the state of Kansas and is a nationally recognized. The ministry operates a network of hospitals, home care services, clinics, ambulatory surgery centers, imaging centers, and other health services. We provide care in 22 cities; and employ approximately 6,300 employees.
Our benefits and culture are two aspects of Via Christi that we feel set us apart. We offer tuition reimbursement that is available to both part-time and full-time associates in any position. In Wichita, we also offer child care for day shift workers through our Child Development Center. We also offer a unique program, Breaking Bread, that allows employees to join senior leaders for a meal and conversation about what is working well and ways we can work together to improve. It’s one small way we give employees a voice and work together to offer the best care possible for our patients. Other reasons to join the Via Christi team include:
- More Than a Job: Working for Ascension is more than just a job. It’s a career where your talent and passion for delivering quality healthcare can make a difference for patients, team members, and the community.
- Opportunity for You to Impact Your Local Community: Via Christi provided $77.8 million in community benefit by providing free medical care to persons living in poverty, educating health professionals, and supporting local community health efforts
- A Passionate Team: Ascension associates are leaders who follow their heart. We give, grow, connect and provide care; together as a team we are committed to our mission of serving the poor and vulnerable.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Via Christi Health, you will have the opportunity to take radiologic films providing quality images to physicians to aid in the diagnosis of medical problems.
- Prepares and positions patients for imaging and selects exposure factors accurately.
- Prepares and administers contrast media and medications within the accepted scope of practice and applicable state and federal regulations.
- Observes patient during procedure and reports abnormal activity. Monitors protocols and recommends updates or refinements as warranted.
- Follows radiation safety procedures and guidelines. Prevents patient from being exposed to unnecessary radiation.
- Ensures prompt submission of high-quality of all images and documents sent to PACS (image quality, correct lead markers and patient data/history).
- Ensures equipment is properly functioning. Reports potential problems or equipment malfunction to appropriate personnel. Lock/tag out equipment if appropriate.
- Assists in maintaining a clean, and orderly department to include procedure rooms, storage areas, dressing rooms, film storage area and any other areas in department.
- Positions patients and selects anatomic and technical parameters accurately.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Radiologic Technologist specializing in Radiography credentialed from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Radiologic Technologist credentialed from the Kansas Board of Healing Arts.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required.
- None required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension Health - VIA Christi participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.