Job ID: 330548
Registered Nurse (RN) - NEW Neighborhood Hospital Opening - Greenwood - Experienced ED Nurse - Part Time Nights
Regular / Night
We Are Hiring
RN-Registered Nurse - ED Greenwood - Part-Time Nights - Greenwood-5853 N.State Rd 135 - Greenwood, IN
Why Join Ascension?
In Indiana, St. Vincent operates 24 hospitals in addition to a comprehensive network of affiliated joint ventures, medical practices, and clinics. St. Vincent's more than 15,000 associates and 3,000 providers offer expertise in a wide range of services including acute/long-term acute care, bariatrics, cancer care, cardiovascular services, emergency/trauma services, neuroscience, orthopedics, pediatric services, primary care, urgent/immediate care, women's health and more. St. Vincent has been serving central and southern Indiana for 145 years.
St. Vincent is part of Ascension, a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs
- At St. Vincent, nursing is more than a job; it’s a calling with a purpose of caring, healing and hope.
- Come Make a Difference - by joining the St. Vincent Nurse Family of Super Hero Nurses dedicated to healthcare that focuses on the whole person - body, mind, and spirit
What You Will Do
The calling of the Emergency Department Nurse…..
As an Emergency Department Nurse, you have a desire to be challenged and excel in intense, fast-paced environments. You will provide direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. Critical thinking is what YOU love to do.
- Implements and monitors patient care plans. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Basic Life Support Minimum Qualification: Basic Life Support (BLS) certification obtained within thirty days of hire date to position.
- One or more of the following:
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the Indiana Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Minimum Qualification:
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required
- Associate's Degree in Nursing by hire date to position
- Prefer Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing by hire date to position
- Prefer advanced certification (ex: CCRN, CNRN, TCRN, SCRN)
- Required minimum 2 years of ED care experience
Equal Employment Opportunity
St. Vincent, a member of Ascension Health, participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)