Job ID: 330260
Nursing Assistant - Cardiovascular Unit
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
Nursing Assistant (BU) - Cardiovascular Unit 003 - FT Day 69 Hours Bi-Weekly- St Mary's of Michigan-MedCtr - Saginaw,MI
This is a union position.
This is a Full time day shift position with a weekend and holiday rotation.
Why Join Ascension?
In Michigan, Ascension operates 15 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ over 200,000 associates. Across the state, Ascension Michigan is working together to help bring patients more resources and better care. Ascension Michigan is also committed to its community; it provided over $272 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in FY2018. Ascension Michigan is dedicated to spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals and communities.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension St. Mary's of Michigan, you will have the opportunity to perform basic patient care activities to patients in assigned area.
- Assists with treatments ordered by physician and supervised by a Registered Nurse (RN).
- Assists patients with tending to personal care and activities of daily living.
- Reports findings or changes in physical, mental and emotional conditions to nursing staff.
- Assists with keeping patient rooms clean and orderly.
- All other duties as assigned.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Certified BLS Provider obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Certified Nurse Aide. Certificate from a nursing assistant training program or CNA state certification, equivalent education or recent related work experience. Will also consider those enrolled in an accredited RN program with completion of 1 adult clinical rotation.
- HS or Equivalent
- High School diploma or equivalent required and No experience required.
Equal Employment Opportunity