Job ID: 330289
Technologist - Mammographer
Amsterdam, New York
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
Technologist - Mammographer - Mammography 001 - PT Days - St Mary's Hospital - Amsterdam, NY
Why Join Ascension?
St. Mary’s Healthcare, based in Amersterdam, New York, provides a full range of outpatient services while featuring an award-winning acute care hospital, three Urgent Care Centers, multiple primary and pediatric health centers, specialty care including Cancer Medicine, Gastroenterology, OB-GYN, ENT, Surgical and Urology, inpatient and outpatient mental health services and a 160-bed nursing home. The organization has earned outstanding national rankings for excellence in medicine and patient safety.
St. Mary's Healthcare is part of Ascension, a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with St. Mary's Hospital - NY, you will have the opportunity to provide mammography imaging services.
- Operates equipment and performs various mammography related procedures. Prepares and positions patients and selects anatomic and technical parameters accurately.
- Explains procedures and educates patients about the role of regular mammography in preventive breast health.
- Develops and evaluates the film for technical quality such as density contrast, definition, and distortion.
- Follows radiation safety procedures and guidelines.
- Ensures prompt submission of high-quality of all images and documents sent to PACS (image quality, correct lead markers and patient data/history).
- Ensures equipment is properly functioning. Reports potential problems or equipment malfunction to appropriate personnel.
- Assists in maintaining a clean, and orderly department to include procedure rooms, storage areas, dressing rooms, film storage area and any other areas in department.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Radiologic Technologist credentialed from the New York Department of Health obtained within 6 Months (180 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Radiologic Technologist specializing in Mammography credentialed from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date.
Education & Work Experience:
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required.
Equal Employment Opportunity