Job ID: 330991
Police Officer/Armed/Arrest Authority
Regular / Rotating
We Are Hiring
Police Officer/Armed/Arrest Authority - PRN - Scheduled as needed.
St Vincent Mercy -1331 South A Street - Elwood, IN
Must meet all ILEA Requirements/certifications
Why Join Ascension?
In Indiana, St. Vincent operates 24 hospitals in addition to a comprehensive network of affiliated joint ventures, medical practices, and clinics. St. Vincent's more than 15,000 associates and 3,000 providers offer expertise in a wide range of services including acute/long-term acute care, bariatrics, cancer care, cardiovascular services, emergency/trauma services, neuroscience, orthopedics, pediatric services, primary care, urgent/immediate care, women's health and more. St. Vincent has been serving central and southern Indiana for 145 years.
St. Vincent is part of Ascension, a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Arrest Authority Security Guard with St. Vincent Health-IN, you will have the opportunity to provide security services to ensure a safe environment for staff and visitors.
- Performs proactive monitoring of and timely responses to potential/actual security threats.
- Investigates, documents and manages security incidents and hazards.
- Maintains knowledge/follows policies and procedures regarding alarms and emergency/disaster preparedness plans. May facilitate planned drills and simulations.
- Provides information and assistance to staff and visitors to promote safety.
- Provides follow-up with local prosecution, law enforcement and court systems as applicable.
- Has authority to arrest for both felonies and misdemeanors under applicable law.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Certification specializing in Peace Officer obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- Law Enforcement obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Security Guard specializing in Concealed Weapon obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required
- None required.
- 1 year experience as a current police officer preferred.
- Word and Excel computer experience highly preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
St. Vincent, a member of Ascension Health, participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)