Job ID: 330609
RN Registered Nurse Circulator - Operating Room - Heart Team
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
RN Registered Nurse Circulator - Heart Team
Department: Operating Room
Schedule: Full Time Days; 6:15am- 2:45pm; Must be able to take call and work Holidays
Location: St. John Medical Center, Tulsa, Oklahoma
Now is a great time to join our family of dedicated, highly skilled Cardiovascular Surgical Registered Nurses at St. John Medical Center.
Why Join Ascension?
St. John Health System is a fully-integrated healthcare system, serving more than 3,500 patients every day, encompassing eight hospitals in northeastern Oklahoma and southern Kansas. St. John Health System is part of Ascension Health, the nation's largest not-for-profit Catholic health system. Our promise of medical excellence and compassionate care is at the center of our Catholic mission as we serve the sick and needy in our communities. The mission of St. John Health System is to continue the healing ministry of Jesus Christ by providing high quality healthcare. Our Core Values are Service of the Poor, Reverence, Integrity, Wisdom, Creativity and Dedication. These values are expressed every day in our actions with patients, families and co-workers.
St. John Medical Center is a Trauma Level II hospital and staffs 24/7 to treat emergency and trauma patients along with scheduled procedures. We have 43 Operating Room suites and perform approximately 20,000 inpatient and outpatient surgeries a year. As a Registered Nurse Circulator on the Cardiovascular Team, you will have the opportunity to expand your knowledge of procedures and techniques. Our RN’s are offered an in-depth comprehensive orientation that allows them to train in every specialty ensuring they have the necessary tools and experience to be successful. Following orientation, you will transition to your specialty team.
At Ascension, we provide a competitive compensation package inclusive of a wide range of flexible benefit options. We support work-life balance through generous paid time off and encourage spirituality in the workplace.
- Power of Purpose: For us, work is more than the place we go each day. It’s an environment that nurtures relationships, connects talent, and understands patients so we can provide holistic care that treats the whole person: body, mind and spirit. Our innovative approach impacts and influences the community that we serve.
- Culture of Teamwork: We encourage diversity of talent and thought; while offering the support of a multidisciplinary team. We work to build teams that respect each other. A team that respects each other feels good. We are on a mission to help people feel good, patients and associates.
- Compensation/Benefits: At Ascension, we care for the people who are the foundation of our work to fulfill our mission: our associates. We offer a comprehensive benefit package inclusive of medical, dental, vision, retirement, and generous PTO. Associates can also take advantage of other great benefits like tuition reimbursement or adoption assistance.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with St John Health System, you will have the opportunity to facilitate the safe and efficient performance of surgical procedures within the operating suite. As a valuable member of the Operating Room team, your expertise in the theory and application of nursing techniques and your combined knowledge of human anatomy, surgical procedures, and implementation tools and technologies are used to facilitate a successful operation.
- Implements and monitors patient care plans. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
What You Will Need
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the Oklahoma Board of Nursing.
- Licensed Registered Nurse obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required
- None required
Equal Employment Opportunity
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. John Health System participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.