Job ID: 328155
Counselor-Behavioral Health - Eastwood Clinic (St. Clair Shores - Fee Split)
Saint Clair Shores, Michigan
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
Counselor-Behavioral Hlth Lic - Eastwood St Clair Shores - PRN, Day - Eastwood: St Clair Shore-34008 - Saint Clair Shores, MI
Masters Level Degree and Licensure Required
Ascension Eastwood Clinics welcomes and actively seeks to hire, applicants with disabilities, including those who have been in recovery from substance use disorder for at least 2 years
Why Join Ascension?
In Michigan, Ascension operates 15 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ over 200,000 associates. Across the state, Ascension Michigan is working together to help bring patients more resources and better care. Ascension Michigan is also committed to its community; it provided over $272 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in FY2018. Ascension Michigan is dedicated to spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals and communities.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with St. John Health-MI, you will have the opportunity to provide behavioral health counseling services.
- Conducts patient assessments and establishes therapy treatment goals.
- Administers individual and group therapy. Maintains thorough and confidential records of observations.
- Evaluates progress and effectiveness of therapy interventions.
- Provides patient with information regarding resources and therapeutic activities in the community.
- Works directly with the patient, family, physician and community providers to ensure active and collaborate care from the initiation of treatment to the time of discharge.
What You Will NeedLicenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- One or more of the following:
- Master Social Worker credentialed from the Michigan Board of Social Work obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Verified by local Credentialing Office.
- Master Social Worker specializing in Clinical Practice credentialed from the Michigan Board of Social Work obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Verified by local Credentialing Office.
- Counselor specializing in Alcohol and Drug Abuse credentialed from the Michigan Certification Board for Addition Professionals (MCBAP) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Therapist specializing in Marriage & Family obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Any issuing authority accepted. Verified by local Credentialing Office.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA).
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required
- None required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Michigan provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Ascension Michigan will be reviewed at the e-mail address supplied.
Thank you for considering a career with Ascension Michigan.
Ascension Michigan participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.