Job ID: 331433
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
Therapist-Occupational - OP Rehab Plaza II - Part-Time,Day - St Thomas Midtown Plaza II - Nashville,TN
Part-Time Hours: 24+ hours a week: Clinic is open Monday-Friday 7:00am-5:00pm. Days and hours as needed for current caseload.
Why Join Ascension?
In Tennessee, Ascension’s Saint Thomas Health operates nine hospitals in addition to a comprehensive network of affiliated joint ventures, medical practices, clinics and rehabilitation facilities covering a 68-county area and employing more than 8,000 associates. Across the state, Saint Thomas Health provides a wide variety of inpatient and outpatient services. The clinical programs and medical facilities are continuously updated to meet both the changing needs of the community and the challenges posed by innovations in technology.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Saint Thomas Health Svcs-TN, you will have the opportunity to evaluate and treat patients with physical, emotional, cognitive and/or psychosocial deficits.
- Assess patient 's ability to safely and effectively perform independent living skills. Designs the appropriate plan of care, including type and frequency of treatment.
- Implement the treatment plan using appropriate modalities. Documents findings of patient progress. Monitors and modifies the plan of care as needed. Seeks consultation as necessary.
- Educate the patient and family/caregiver about patient deficits. Plans and/or assists with patient discharge from therapy services and provides information regarding appropriate selection/use of adaptive equipment and support programs.
- Oversee the care provided by certified occupational therapy assistants and therapy 3-Technicians according to established regulations and practice standards.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. For current incumbents as of 4/30/18, BLS required upon expiration of Heart Saver.
- Rehab Therapist specializing in Occupational Therapy (OTR) credentialed from the Tennessee Board of Occupational Therapy obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Bachelor's degree required Master's degree preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity
Saint Thomas Health Services complies with all applicable federal and state laws prohibiting discrimination in hiring or employment practices on the basis of citizenship, race, color, religion, gender, age, national and ethnic origin, disability, or veteran status.
No question or item on this application for employment is intended to secure information to be used for such discrimination. Information obtained through this application will be used solely to determine qualifications and suitability for employment. This application will be valid for a period of 90 days from date of completion.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Saint Thomas Health participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)