Job ID: 331454
Tawas City, Michigan
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
Ascension St. Joseph Hospital is adding to our team. Join our team of talented professionals who have a passion for caring as a Coder Biller!
Ascension St. Joseph Hospital is a non-profit healthcare system that is governed by a local board of trustees represented by residents, medical staff and sister sponsorship's and has been providing medical care since 1953. Our 49 bed hospital is located in rural northeast Michigan serving the counties of Alcona, Arenac, Iosco, Ogemaw and Oscoda with a population of approximately 87,000 residents. Its Catholic Health Ministry is dedicated to spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals and communities. A strong tourism community, Ascension St. Joseph Hospital provides primary, secondary and referral for tertiary care to more than 100,000 patients annually, including 15,000 emergency department visits.
The position is a full time 40 hour week position. 5 days per week 8 hours per day.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension St Joseph Health, you will have the opportunity to audit billed charges for accuracy and assisti with resolving billing disputes.
- Conducts audits of charges as compared to medical record documentation.
- Assists with responding to patients' inquiries concerning the accuracy of billed charges and charge descriptions.
- Assists with resolving third-party payor inquiries and billing disputes.
- Provides summary reports and analysis to hospital staff and management as required.
- Registering and processing patient orders. Abstracts pertinent information from patient records. Assigns ICD-9 CM, CPT or HCPCS codes. Queries physician when code assignments are not straight forward or documentation on patient order is inadequate, ambiguous or unclear for coding purposes.
- Works closely with Physician offices in reviewing charts to obtain appropriate diagnosis. Audits provider documentation monthly.
- Keeps abreast of and complies with coding guidelines and reimbursement reporting requirements. Alerts clinic staff of carrier specific billing/coding changes.
- Obtains goals with monthly A/R days by generating clean claims.
- The above is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification; it is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or qualifications for people so classified, and it is not intended to limit or modify in any way, the right of any supervisor to assign, direct and control the work of employees.
What You Will Need
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Certified Professional Coder.
- HS or Equivalent
- Specialized training in medical terminology and coding preferred
- Two (2) years of coding and billing experience preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity