Job ID: 329522
Manager - Spiritual Care
Binghamton, New York
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
Manager - Spiritual Care - Pastoral Spiritual Care FT Days - Our Lady of Lourdes Memorial Hospital - Binghamton, NY
Why Join Ascension?
Lourdes, based in Binghamton, New York, is dedicated to spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals and communities. The main hospital campus includes medical, surgical and specialty nursing units, an Ambulatory Care Center, Breast Care Center, a Regional Cancer Center and numerous specialty practices. Reaching beyond the main hospital campus, Lourdes has established a network of primary care providers at 12 convenient sites throughout the region; and the Lourdes at Home and Hospice programs which care for patients in their homes and various nursing facilities. Two mobile mammography vans, a dental van and a medical services van deliver health services out into the region, making health care more easily accessible to surrounding communities.
Lourdes is part of Ascension, a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Our Lady of Lourdes Memorial Hospital in Binghamton, New York, you will have the opportunity to manage the daily operations and provides leadership in Spiritual Care.
- Assists with developing specific goals, standards, and objectives which directly support the strategicplan and vision of the organization.
- Assesses quality of patient care and coordinates patient care services with patients, staff, physicians,and other departments.
- Manages day-to-day staff relations including organizing, performance management, staff satisfaction and conflict management. Performs and oversees scheduling, recruitment, and payroll.
- Monitors departmental budgets, regulatory compliance, educational needs, departmental contracts and vendor relations.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Board Certification from the APC, NACC, CASC, or NAJC (or certification obtained within 2 years of hire, risking termination if not obtained within timeframe) is required.
- Masters Degree in Divinity, Theology, or a related field from an accredited school is required within two years of hire date.
- 4 units of Clinical Pastoral Education accredited by the ACPE is required within two years of hire date.
- 3-5 years of healthcare experience as a chaplain is preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
As an equal opportunity employer, Our Lady of Lourdes Memorial Hospital (Lourdes) complies with all applicable employment laws and regulations. In order to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Lourdes are based on merit, qualifications and abilities.
Lourdes does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Lourdes is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.