Job ID: 331191
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
Speech Therapist - Rehab Services General 001 - PRN Day - St Mary's of Michigan-MedCtr - Saginaw,MI
Why Join Ascension?
In Michigan, Ascension operates 15 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ over 200,000 associates. Across the state, Ascension Michigan is working together to help bring patients more resources and better care. Ascension Michigan is also committed to its community; it provided over $272 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in FY2018. Ascension Michigan is dedicated to spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals and communities.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension St Mary's of Michigan, you will have the opportunity to evaluate and treat patients requiring speech-language therapy.
- Performs therapy interventions utilizing standard therapy techniques and skills as appropriate for the condition of the patient.
- Educates and counsels patient and family regarding treatment plans.
- Maintains clinical records and follows performance improvement recommendations.
- Plans and/or assists with patient discharge from speech therapy services. Provides information regarding appropriate support programs.
- All other duties as assigned.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Certified BLS Provider obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Speech-Language Pathologist credentialed from the Michigan Board of Speech-Language Pathology obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Certified Speech-Language Pathologist credentialed from the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association.
- Bachelor's Level Degree
- Bachelor's degree required Graduate of an accredited Speech-Language Pathology program and None required.
Equal Employment Opportunity