Job ID: 331337
Technologist - Sonography
Binghamton, New York
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
Technologist - Sonography - Mammography Breast Care Center - PRN Days - Our Lady of Lourdes Memorial Hospital - Binghamton, NY
Why Join Ascension?
Lourdes, based in Binghamton, New York, is dedicated to spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals and communities. The main hospital campus includes medical, surgical and specialty nursing units, an Ambulatory Care Center, Breast Care Center, a Regional Cancer Center and numerous specialty practices. Reaching beyond the main hospital campus, Lourdes has established a network of primary care providers at 12 convenient sites throughout the region; and the Lourdes at Home and Hospice programs which care for patients in their homes and various nursing facilities. Two mobile mammography vans, a dental van and a medical services van deliver health services out into the region, making health care more easily accessible to surrounding communities.
Lourdes is part of Ascension, a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Our Lady of Lourdes Memorial Hospital - NY, you will have the opportunity to perform diagnostic procedures on patients using ultrasound waves to examine tissue and body structure, providing quality images for interpretation.
- Sets up and adjusts all equipment and manually maneuvers transducers to perform exams.
- Implements safety standards and performs appropriate quality control procedures.
- Performs routine and complex studies and assists in a variety of imaging procedures.
- Recognizes significant structures, artifacts, pathology and equipment limitations.
- Ensures equipment is properly functioning. Reports potential problems or equipment malfunction to appropriate personnel. Lock/tag out equipment if appropriate.
- Ensures prompt submission of high-quality of all images and documents sent to PACS (image quality, correct lead markers and patient data/history).
- Assists in maintaining a clean, and orderly department to include procedure rooms, storage areas, dressing rooms, film storage area and any other areas in department.
- Maintains compliance with regulatory agencies.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- Cardiographic Tech credentialed from the Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Sonography Tech specializing in Cardiac credentialed from the Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI) obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Sonography Tech specializing in Vascular Sonography credentialed from the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date.
Education & Work Experience:
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required.
- None required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
As an equal opportunity employer, Our Lady of Lourdes Memorial Hospital (Lourdes) complies with all applicable employment laws and regulations. In order to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Lourdes are based on merit, qualifications and abilities.
Lourdes does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Lourdes is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.