Job ID: 331174
Nurse Aide/Unit Clerk
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
Nurse Aide/Unit Clerk (BU) - Nurse Staffing 001 - FT Days, 70 Hours Bi-Weekly, - St Mary's of Michigan-MedCtr - Saginaw,MI
This is a union position.
7a-5:30p with weekend and holiday rotation
Why Join Ascension?
In Michigan, Ascension operates 15 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ over 200,000 associates. Across the state, Ascension Michigan is working together to help bring patients more resources and better care. Ascension Michigan is also committed to its community; it provided over $272 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in FY2018. Ascension Michigan is dedicated to spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals and communities.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension St Mary's of Michigan, you will have the opportunity to assist with basic patient care activities and perform administrative and clerical duties in support of an assigned clinical area.
- Assists with procedures and/or patient with tending to personal care, activities of daily living and/or transfers/transport.
- Communicates with patients, families, physicians and other healthcare team members in person, telephone, and/or email. May receive and screen visitors and telephone calls, and handles general inquiries. Files, distributes mail and performs other clerical duties as assigned.
- Types various reports and documents for unit staff. Photocopies and distributes and/or files as necessary. May transcribe physicians' orders subject to the approval of a licensed nurse.
- Assists with the maintenance of supplies and equipment. May assist with keeping patient rooms clean and orderly.
What You Will NeedLicenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- HS or Equivalent
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Health Unit Coordinator experience or certification; and/or hospital Nursing Assistant experience with ability to perform secretarial tasks.
Equal Employment Opportunity