Job ID: 331184
Tawas City, Michigan
Regular / Rotating
We Are Hiring
Ascension St. Joseph Hospital is a non-profit healthcare system that is governed by a local board of trustees represented by residents, medical staff and sister sponsorship's and has been providing medical care since 1953. Our 49 bed hospital is located in rural northeast Michigan serving the counties of Alcona, Arenac, Iosco, Ogemaw and Oscoda with a population of approximately 87,000 residents. Its Catholic Health Ministry is dedicated to spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals and communities. A strong tourism community, Ascension St. Joseph Hospital provides primary, secondary and referral for tertiary care to more than 100,000 patients annually, including 15,000 emergency department visits.
This is an occasional position for an Occupational Therapist for our Harbor Center office in Tawas.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension St Joseph Health, you will have the opportunity to evaluate and treat patients with physical, emotional, cognitive and/or psychosocial deficits.
- Assesses patient 's ability to safely and effectively perform independent living skills. Designs the appropriate plan of care, including type and frequency of treatment.
- Implements the treatment plan using appropriate modalities. Documents findings of patient progress. Monitors and modifies the plan of care as needed. Seeks consultation as necessary.
- Educates the patient and family/caregiver about patient deficits. Plans and/or assists with patient discharge from therapy services and provides information regarding appropriate selection/use of adaptive equipment and support programs.
- Oversees the care provided by certified occupational therapy assistants and therapy technicians according to established regulations and practice standards.
- Assists with orientation and training department personnel and oversees activities of students and other support personnel.
- Collaborates with physician and other mid level providers regarding patients condition and progress.
- Maintains a clean, orderly and safe facility.
- Responsible for following regulatory guidelines of clinical practice and documentation of Michigan and Department policies and procedures.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Rehab Therapist specializing in Occupational Therapy (OTR) credentialed from the Michigan Board of Occupational Therapists obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Bachelor's Level Degree
- Graduate of an accredited occupational therapy program
Equal Employment Opportunity