Job ID: 331176
Tawas City, Michigan
Regular / Rotating
We Are Hiring
Ascension St. Joseph Hospital is a non-profit healthcare system that is governed by a local board of trustees represented by residents, medical staff and sister sponsorship's and has been providing medical care since 1953. Our 49 bed hospital is located in rural northeast Michigan serving the counties of Alcona, Arenac, Iosco, Ogemaw and Oscoda with a population of approximately 87,000 residents. Its Catholic Health Ministry is dedicated to spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals and communities. A strong tourism community, Ascension St. Joseph Hospital provides primary, secondary and referral for tertiary care to more than 100,000 patients annually, including 15,000 emergency department visits.
This is a Full time night position; 6p-6:30a; including weekends and holidays.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension St Joseph Health, you will have the opportunity to perform basic patient care activities to patients in assigned area.
- Assists with treatments ordered by physician and supervised by a Registered Nurse (RN).
- Assists patients with tending to personal care and activities of daily living.
- Reports findings or changes in physical, mental and emotional conditions to nursing staff.
- Assists with keeping patient rooms clean and orderly.
- Follows Nursing Assistant plan of care completed by the RN or physician.
- Maintains accurate documentation in accordance with hospital policies and procedures.
- Must have written and verbal communication skills, medical terminology and basic computer skills.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Prefer a Certified Nursing Assistant
- HS or Equivalent
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Prior experience in a healthcare setting preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity