Job ID: 331532
Surgical Services Assistant - Operating Room
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
SSA Surgical Services Assistant
Department: Operating Room
Schedule: Full Time Days; 6:15am- 2:45pm - Monday through Friday; Rotating call schedule for evenings, nights, weekends (requires 30 minute respond time)
Location: St. John Medical Center, Tulsa, Oklahoma
Now is a great time to join our family of dedicated, highly skilled Surgical Assistants at St. John Medical Center.
Why Join Ascension?
St. John Health System is a fully-integrated healthcare system, serving more than 3,500 patients every day, encompassing eight hospitals in northeastern Oklahoma and southern Kansas. St. John Health System is part of Ascension Health, the nation's largest not-for-profit Catholic health system. Our promise of medical excellence and compassionate care is at the center of our Catholic mission as we serve the sick and needy in our communities. The mission of St. John Health System is to continue the healing ministry of Jesus Christ by providing high quality healthcare. Our Core Values are Service of the Poor, Reverence, Integrity, Wisdom, Creativity and Dedication. These values are expressed every day in our actions with patients, families and co-workers.
St. John Medical Center is a Trauma Level II hospital and staffs 24/7 to treat emergency and trauma patients along with scheduled procedures. We have 43 Operating Room suites and perform approximately 20,000 inpatient and outpatient surgeries a year. As a Surgical Assistant, you will have the opportunity to assist the surgical team in ensuring they have the necessary tools and equipment to be successful in providing a safe and sterile environment for our patients.
At Ascension, we provide a competitive compensation package inclusive of a wide range of flexible benefit options. We support work-life balance through generous paid time off and encourage spirituality in the workplace.
- Power of Purpose: For us, work is more than the place we go each day. It’s an environment that nurtures relationships, connects talent, and understands patients so we can provide holistic care that treats the whole person: body, mind and spirit. Our innovative approach impacts and influences the community that we serve.
- Culture of Teamwork: We encourage diversity of talent and thought; while offering the support of a multidisciplinary team. We work to build teams that respect each other. A team that respects each other feels good. We are on a mission to help people feel good, patients and associates.
- Compensation/Benefits: At Ascension, we care for the people who are the foundation of our work to fulfill our mission: our associates. We offer a comprehensive benefit package inclusive of medical, dental, vision, retirement, and generous PTO. Associates can also take advantage of other great benefits like tuition reimbursement or adoption assistance.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with St John Health System, you will have the opportunity to perform a variety of duties in surgical services to maintain a well-supplied, sterile environment. You will be a valuable member of the Operating Room team where your assistance and skills will help in a successful operation.
- Performs terminal cleaning of each operating room daily, including thorough decontamination of furniture, equipment and air vents.
- Transports case carts, equipment and supplies and disposes of hazardous waste according to policies and procedures.
- Monitors and maintains supply inventories at an appropriate par level.
- Provides physical assistance for patient positioning, lifting and, moving as directed by clinical nursing staff.
What You Will Need
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- High school diploma/GED
- None required
Equal Employment Opportunity
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. John Health System participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.