Job ID: 331748
Office Operations Assistant
Grand Blanc, Michigan
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
Asst-Office Operations - GHI Admin - Full-Time,Day - HealthPark - Grand Blanc,MI
Why Join Ascension?
In Michigan, Ascension operates 15 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ over 200,000 associates. Across the state, Ascension Michigan is working together to help bring patients more resources and better care. Ascension Michigan is also committed to its community; it provided over $272 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in FY2018. Ascension Michigan is dedicated to spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals and communities.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension GHI, you will have the opportunity to work in a customer service capacity providing administrative and clerical support to patients and customers in a medical setting.
- Greets patients and visitors, checks patients in and out, and obtains necessary documentation.
- Verifies and enters demographic information.
- Obtains and verifies insurance authorizations/precertification.
- Completes medical record release requests and schedules/confirms patient appointments.
- Enters, reviews and submits charges for patient procedures and services daily.
- Collects co-payments and reconciles all daily reports and deposits for accuracy.
- Provides general office and clerical support to assigned area.
What You Will Need
- High school diploma or GED required
- Cardiology experience preferred.
- Experience checking a high volume of patients in and out as a medical receptionist is preferred.
- Experience with referrals and insurance would be helpful.
Equal Employment Opportunity