Job ID: 331840
RN Extern Nursing Student
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
RN-Extern-Nursing Student - Long Term Acute Care 001 - PRN Day - Ascension Borgess-Pipp Hospital - Plainwell, MI
6AM - 6PM, Flexible schedule
Why Join Ascension?
In Michigan, Ascension operates 15 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ over 200,000 associates. Across the state, Ascension Michigan is working together to help bring patients more resources and better care. Ascension Michigan is also committed to its community; it provided over $272 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in FY2018. Ascension Michigan is dedicated to spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals and communities.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an RN Extern Nursing Student with Ascension Michigan you will have the opportunity to, ynder the supervision of a Registered Nurse (RN) preceptor, provide direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Completes assigned nursing orders as directed by preceptor, including assisting patient with activities of daily living and taking vital signs.
- Observes patient status and responses. Documents and reports observations and discrete data elements to preceptor or other appropriate staff. Assists preceptor with overall assessments of patient condition.
- Assists preceptor with development of plan of care by reporting test results and patient observations.
- Performs other tasks as assigned, including environmental services and preparing/transporting patients for diagnostic services.
- Safely operates equipment and assists in documentation of patient care.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Is a nursing student who is actively enrolled and has completed a medical surgical nursing course or the equivalent of a junior year, or graduated within the last ninety (90) days Knowledge of nursing normally acquired through completion of a medical-surgical course in an accredited school of nursing required.
- Knowledgeable of nursing practice, procedures, competencies and patient care standards as well as regulations and guidelines pertaining to nursing care required. Knowledgeable of therapeutic communication to interact with patients and members of the health care team required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Borgess Health is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to the nondiscrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, handicap, disability, veteran or marital status.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.