Job ID: 331967
Manager - Lab
Grand Blanc, Michigan
Regular / Night
We Are Hiring
Mgr-Lab - General Lab Anc
Full-Time,Night - Manager will work 10pm - 6:30am, Monday - Friday or Sunday - Thursday, and cover weekend call for both Lab and Imaging on a rotating basis with other managers.
HealthPark - Grand Blanc,MI
Why Join Ascension?
In Michigan, Ascension operates 15 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ over 200,000 associates. Across the state, Ascension Michigan is working together to help bring patients more resources and better care. Ascension Michigan is also committed to its community; it provided over $272 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in FY2018. Ascension Michigan is dedicated to spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals and communities.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension Genesys Hospital, you will have the opportunity to manage the daily operations of the Laboratory.
- Develops specific departmental goals, standards, and objectives which directly support the strategic plan and vision of the organization.
- Develops and implements policies, procedures, standards and initiatives.
- Manages staff relations including performance management, staff satisfaction and conflict management. Performs and oversees scheduling, recruitment, and payroll.
- Monitors departmental budgets, regulatory compliance, departmental contracts, and vendor relations. Determines and justifies needs for equipment purchases.
- Implements PI measures to enhance safety and efficiency of the Laboratory department.
- Works closely with service line directors and managers to resolve operational issues, interdepartmental/physician concerns within the health system.
What You Will NeedLicenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- One or more of the following:
- Medical Technologist (ASCP) credentialed from the American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification (ASCP-BOC) .
- Medical Lab Scientist (ASCP) credentialed from the American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification (ASCP-BOC) .
- Medical Tech credentialed from the American Medical Technologists (AMT) .
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Clinical Laboratory Supervisor credentialed from the American Society of Clinical Pathologists.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required
- 3 years of experience required. 1 year of leadership or management experience required.
Equal Employment Opportunity