Job ID: 335797
RN Registered Nurse Manager - Medical Surgical
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
RN Registered Nurse Manager
Department: Medical Surgical 3rd Floor
Schedule: Full Time Days; Monday through Friday
Location: St. John Owasso, Owasso, Oklahoma
Why Join Ascension?
St. John Health System is a fully-integrated healthcare system, serving more than 3,500 patients every day, encompassing eight hospitals in northeastern Oklahoma and southern Kansas. St. John Health System is part of Ascension Health, the nation's largest not-for-profit Catholic health system. Our promise of medical excellence and compassionate care is at the center of our Catholic mission as we serve the sick and needy in our communities. The mission of St. John Health System is to continue the healing ministry of Jesus Christ by providing high quality healthcare. Our Core Values are Service of the Poor, Reverence, Integrity, Wisdom, Creativity and Dedication. These values are expressed every day in our actions with patients, families and co-workers.
St. John Owasso, a member of St. John Health System, has a 24-hour emergency department, state-of-the-art surgical suites, and all-digital diagnostic imaging, featuring CT, MRI, mammography and bone density scanners. The hospital’s Center for Women’s Health is equipped with spacious, modern birthing suites, post-partum and women’s services suites and a newborn nursery.
The Medical/Surgical unit provides care for patients receiving general medical care and/or surgical intervention. Our team in this department works together to provide care for the patients in the medical surgical unit. Every Medical/Surgical associate works cohesively with the interdisciplinary team members to help each patient achieve their goals before their discharge date. If you are looking for a family atmosphere, where safety and compassionate patient care is at the forefront, you have found your home.
At Ascension, we provide a competitive compensation package inclusive of a wide range of flexible benefit options. We support work-life balance through generous paid time off and encourage spirituality in the workplace.
- Power of Purpose: For us, work is more than the place we go each day. It’s an environment that nurtures relationships, connects talent, and understands patients so we can provide holistic care that treats the whole person: body, mind and spirit. Our innovative approach impacts and influences the community that we serve.
- Culture of Teamwork: We encourage diversity of talent and thought; while offering the support of a multidisciplinary team. We work to build teams that respect each other. A team that respects each other feels good. We are on a mission to help people feel good, patients and associates.
- Compensation/Benefits: At Ascension, we care for the people who are the foundation of our work to fulfill our mission: our associates. We offer a comprehensive benefit package inclusive of medical, dental, vision, retirement, and generous PTO. Associates can also take advantage of other great benefits like tuition reimbursement or adoption assistance.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with St John Health System, you will have the opportunity to manage activities, workflow and nursing resources of assigned nursing unit(s).
- Ensures compliance with regulatory and accreditation requirements for self and within unit.
- Conducts hiring, training, directing, development and evaluating of staff.
- Identifies and resolves issues affecting the delivery of patient care services for the assigned unit(s). Develops and implements policies and procedures to guarantee efficient and effective delivery of health services in a unit.
- Monitors and adheres to budget. Approves or monitors expenditures, purchases and other actions to ensure compliance with budget guidelines.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the Oklahoma Board of Nursing.
- Licensed Registered Nurse obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing with experience required.
- 3 years of experience required. 1 year of leadership or management experience required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. John Health System participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.