Job ID: 335158
Phlebotomy Technician - PRN
Pell City, Alabama
Regular / Rotating
We Are Hiring
Position: Phlebotomy Technician
Department: General Lab Anc 001
Location: St Vincent's St Clair - Pell City, AL
Shift: PRN, Rotating
What You Will Do:
As a Phlebotomy Technician with St. Vincent's Health System-AL, you will have the opportunity to collect and process blood specimens for testing.
- Draws and collects blood samples according to policy. Verifies all related records.
- Labels, processes and delivers specimens for testing according to protocol.
- Maintains, cleans, and sterilizes equipment, instruments, and work area following safety, cleanliness, and infection control procedures.
- Assists with coordinating and conducting blood drives, including interviewing and screening donors.
- Assists with office duties such as OP orders, answering phone, faxing, and filing.
What You Will Need:
- Preferred Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA).
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required
- Phlebotomy experince preferred
Why Join Ascension?
St. Vincent’s Health System, part of Ascension, is made up of St. Vincent’s Birmingham, St. Vincent’s Blount, St. Vincent’s East, St. Vincent’s St. Clair, St. Vincent's One Nineteen Health and Wellness, and the St. Vincent’s Ambulatory Healthcare Network, which includes a wide range of services, from family care to home health. Together, we provide a special brand of personalized, compassionate care that balances high touch with high tech, meeting the needs of people in more than 40 communities.
- Leading with Mission: Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide everything we do at Ascension. They are foundational to our work to transform healthcare and express our priorities when providing care and services, particularly to those most in need
- One Ascension: We are One Ascension. We share a drive to care for people and provide the best possible outcomes for our patients. Personalized care is our calling, and teamwork is the way we provide it.
- More Than a Job: Working for Ascension is more than just a job. It’s a career where your talent and passion for delivering quality healthcare can make a difference for patients, team members, and the community.
- Power of Purpose: For us, work is more than the place we go each day. It’s an environment that nurtures relationships, connects talent, and understands patients so we can provide holistic care that treats the whole person: body, mind and spirit. Our innovative approach impacts and influences the community that we serve.
- Compensation/Benefits: At Ascension, we provide a competitive compensation package inclusive of a wide range of flexible benefit options. We support work-life balance through generous paid time off and encourage spirituality in the workplace.
- Wellbeing Programs: Transforming healthcare starts with taking care of our associates. We know our associates are busy and on the go. We provide our team resources and tools to help them proactively manage their physical, spiritual, and emotional wellbeing.
- Strength in our People: At Ascension, we believe our people are our strength and we invest in them. In addition to the chance to have a positive impact on the people and communities we serve, associates benefit from significant professional opportunities, career advancement, training and competitive wages. We also support work-life balance and spirituality in the workplace.
St. Vincent’s St. Clair Hospital
St. Vincent’s St. Clair hospital is in Pell City, AL. It is a 40-bed medical and surgical hospital right off Interstate 20 between Birmingham and heading towards Atlanta, GA. Provides general emergency care on site and cares about the patients in their community as well as travelers passing through on the busy Interstate Highway.
- Offers excellent care for local community and interstate traffic.
- Part of the largest Faith based, not for profit hospital in Alabama.
- Very visible from a heavy traveled Interstate 20.
- 40-bed Medical and Surgical hospital, including an Emergency Department.
- Rural feel with excellent staff for all that have medical needs.
- Can be cared for without having to drive to downtown Birmingham.
Equal Employment Opportunity
As an equal opportunity employer, St. Vincent's and all its ministries comply with all applicable employment laws and regulations. In order to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at St. Vincent's and all its ministries based on merit, qualifications and abilities.
Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, age or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. Vincent's participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-Verify site)